The journal Grotiana, New Series was launched in 1980. It is the continuation of the Grotiana yearbook of which ten volumes appeared between 1917 and 1947. The journal is devoted to all kinds of academic studies on the life and works, as well as legacies of Grotius. It also contains a bibliography of Grotius editions and relevant secondary literature. Over the last two decades, there have been thematic issues, often collecting papers from international conferences organised under the auspices of the Grotiana Foundation.
The journal is published by the Dutch publishing house Brill. Its current editors-in-chief are Hans Blom and Mark Somos.
Table of contents of the latest issue, Grotiana, New Series 41:2 (2020), including hyperlinks:
– Randall Lesaffer, Grotius on the Use of Force: Perfect, Imperfect and Civil Wars. An Introduction (open access), 255-262.
– Valentina Vadi, Perfect War: Alberico Gentili on the Use of Force and the Early Modern Law of Nations, 263-281.
– Camilla Boisen, Hugo Grotius, Declaration of War, and the International Moral Order, 282-303.
– Philippine Christina Van den Brande, ‘Remedium repraesaliarum’: The Medieval and Early Modern Practice and Theory of Reprisal within the Just War Doctrine, 305-329.
– Randall Lesaffer, Grotius on Reprisal (open access), 330-348.
– Rotem Giladi, Corporate Belligerency and the Delegation Theory from Grotius to Westlake, 349-370.
– Dante Fedele, Grotius and Late Medieval Ius Commune on Rebellion and Civil War, 371-389.
– Raymond Kubben, A Prodigy Child of the Dutch Revolt: Immediate ‘Precursors’ to Grotius on Just Revolt, 390-411.
– Ville Kari, Hugo Grotius and the Classical Law of Civil War, 412-427.